Thursday, May 19, 2011

birthday party 'fancy' fun









Now-a-days, parents aren't settling for plastic table clothes and balloons! They are taking the decor & design of their child's birthday party to the next level! Personalized clothing for the birthday boy/girl, hiring photographers, handcrafted, etsy-style decor, extravagant food with its own decor, fun & festive entertainment, custom-made invitations, fancy cakes with lots of fondant (the one pictured above is from SweetCakes, LLC) and 'thank you' gifts for the guests that would wow any 5 year old...and parent! And, of course hiring professional event planners (yes, I am available!) that can assist with the hours and hours of planning that comes along with a party like this. Take a look at these personal favorites, mostly found on etsy.com. Feel free to comment on how you decorated for your child's birthday party and if you care to share.....your budget.....or over-budget! My son's 6th birthday party is July 16th......and I can't wait to share the "magical" day I am creating for him, the guests (and, let's be honest...me).

7 comments:

Dana Merritt said...

I can't help but agree bigger is better (at least for my parties it is). I've learned that kids grow up way too fast so why not enjoy them while they are young. I love to plan my kids birthday parties and usually start doing so just after we finish the current one. My twelve year is not really into the parties anymore as much as he is the gifts. But my newly 7 year old will let me do whatever I want to. This years Wonderland party is in my opinion the best one yet. It really doesn't matter the budget. You can make a lot of the decor yourself. Having an over the top party just takes time and a lot of planning. I may need to hire you for next year I'm running out of ideas :)

Annie-Beth said...

As a Cake designer I love, love, love Birthday Parties:) I used to throw fully conceptualized birthdays for my own three, now they are teens - so I get to live vicariously through my clients! sweetcakesllc.com

I love to see the invitations, decor, outfits and ideas that the client and/or coordinator has come up with, then design a stunning conversational centerpiece of edible art. The idea is to make a cake appealing to the eye and taste buds that will leave guests talking for months!

About half my clientele is Birthday related. These parties are amazing and fabulous... one of my favorite steps of the process is setting up the cake and seeing everything put together flawlessly. It makes my smile and makes my hunger for creative satisfied.... sigh.... how sweet it is...

Cathy said...

Love this! In my opinion the more detail the better! My kids have had Candyland to Circus! With all of the resources available, it's not hard... and there is something out there for every budget! Great post!

Juli Hibbard said...

I absolutely love planning for my 9 year old twins (boy and girl) birthday! So far I have been able to do their parties together. I always have a theme. It's fun to think of a different one each year. This year was by far the best. Sweet treats and Mudpies! You don't have do-overs in life......make it count with awesome memories!

Mandy said...

I love all of the latest "do it yourself" trends for kids' parties. Planning birthday parties for my own children provides a creative outlet for me and is something I enjoy. But more importantly, I am hoping that my children will one day look back on their childhood "homemade" birthday parties with fond memories.

Ashley said...

We don't do fancy and expensive birthday parties at this point, however one thing I would like to mention is that instead of a "thank you" gift, we make a donation to a charity. For Tucker's party on Sunday, we made a donation to the Ronald McDonald House and for Ella's birthday in January, we donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

KL said...

Oooh, what eye candy these photos are!! I LOVE celebrations, big or small, and there is just something about "fancy fun" decor and goodies that make everything that much more special. So many great ideas out there....makes me want to throw a party for every occasion! : )